Wednesday, July 25, 2012

WeekDAY Rations: Blueberry Cake

How it begins...
Sometimes when you work in an office like I do, surrounded by amazing home cooks and bakers, you're faced with a conundrum... Do I eat this delectable piece of yummy baked goodness in front of me now and possibly regret the calories later; or do I eat this now and enjoy the hell out of myself while  the yummy goodness is still available?

Lucky for my taste buds and general well-being, I choose the latter quite often. One day I walked into the break room to find a tupperware container full of 'Blueberry Cake' made by one of my co-workers.

What follows is the moist, sweet-but-not-too-sweet, nowhere-near-healthy recipe for this scrumptious bundt cake.

Blueberries have antioxidants, just remember that.


Blueberry cake, an efficient way to ingest a serving of fruit. ;)
MS. MARJORY'S BLUEBERRY CAKE
(as published in the St. Charles Parish employee newsletter)

INGREDIENTS
1 box yellow cake mix
3 eggs
3 tbsp. sugar
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1 stick of butter, melted
2 cups Louisiana blueberries

INSTRUCTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a bundt pan. Mix together cream cheese and eggs; beat well. Add butter and sugar. Add cake mix and mix well. Fold in blueberries. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Frost as desired when cooled.

In my humble opinion, this needs no frosting because it's just that good on its own...

1 comment:

  1. oh man that looks good i would have to eat greens all day for that...but it looks worth it

    ReplyDelete